CEC Announces Scholarships
Central Electric Cooperative of Parker is excited to announce its 11th year of offering our Good Neighbor Scholarship program. Eligible candidates include adult members wishing to further their education, as well as currently enrolled college or trade school students and high school seniors. Ten scholarships of $2,000.00 each will be awarded in early May 2017.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Applicants (or their parents) must be members of Central Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Student must supply a Letter of Acceptance from a post-secondary educational institution, or verification of current enrollment.
- Complete our application (found at www.central.coop under the Community tab).
- Compose a one-page essay on how they have contributed back to their community.
- Provide a letter of reference from a teacher, employer or community member.
- Deadline for submission is March 15, 2017.
Essays and the application must illustrate the candidate's commitment to community, school or church in nonpaid service activities.
The Good Neighbor Scholarship is one more example of our commitment to community. Central Electric Cooperative, Inc. is a nonprofit organization that distributes electric energy to approximately 25,000 consumer-members in parts of Clarion, Butler, Armstrong, Venango and Forest counties. For more information on requirement guidelines and application forms, please access our website at www.central.coop or call us at 800-521-0570, x2133.