Your voice can be heard! And it's now easy!
Visit vote.coop (or click the Co-ops Vote image to the right) to identify your elected officials, register to vote or learn about issues!
Once you have created your user name and password you will be able to:
- Find key election information, including candidates within their ZIP code.
- Click on a link to register to vote.
- Learn about absentee ballots and early voting in their state.
- Learn about key issues of importance for electric cooperatives.
- Get reminders about the upcoming election.
- Recruit friends, family and co-workers to become co-op voters.
- Pledge to be a co-op voter.
You can also stay updated by liking the Facebook page – Co-ops Vote Pennsylvania and following the Twitter Account - @coopsvotepa
Co-ops Vote is a nonpartisan program, introduced by NRECA, to boost voter turnout in cooperative areas. During the 2012 presidential election, voter turnout was down 18 percent in rural areas. In Pennsylvania, rural voter turnout has dropped 13.5 percent since the 1992 presidential election. The program is designed to engage cooperative members.
Co-ops Vote will not endorse or recommend candidates; however, it will educate members on candidates’ stances on issues of importance to cooperatives.
Co-op Owners for Political Action
Another great way to get involved is to join the Action Committee for Rural Electrification's (ACRE's) Co-op Owners for Political Action®. This bi-partisan, political action committee represents the interests of cooperatives and their members. It brings important issues to the attention of your representatives on both the state and federal levels. Join ACRE Co-op Owners for Political Action® today! Click here to learn more or to join!