As a member-owned, electric cooperative, we are always looking for ways to participate in the communities we serve. This commitment to communities is why we launched a Speakers’ Bureau.
Our Speakers’ Bureau is an experienced group of employees who are specially trained to conduct free educational and informational presentations within their seven-county service area. CEC speakers provide audiences with valuable information on a variety of topics, or they can customize a presentation to suit your needs. The presentation’s length is determined by your needs. We also welcome the opportunity to speak to groups during their lunch hour.
There is no charge for these speakers; the presentations are simply a great way for us to reach out and engage individuals in matters that affect all of us. Regardless of which topic you select, you can expect valuable energy-related information.
Our speakers provide audiences with valuable information on a variety of topics within the customer service, finance and accounting, administration, marketing and public relations, engineering, safety, information technology, human resources and electrical operations fields. Please see the list of available topics below. But remember, we can customize a presentation to meet your needs. So if you have a topic in mind and it isn’t listed, just let us know!
To schedule a speaker for your organization, call Renee Tritten at 800-521-0570 x2173.
- About CEC: history of cooperative, how we’ve evolved and about cooperatives.
- CEC, Your Energy Partner: how you benefit from public power and how CEC provides low-cost, reliable power and delivery solutions.
- Cooperative Difference: cooperative business model, rates and capital credits.
- Day in the Life of a Lineman
- Electrical Safety at Home or Work
- Emergency Response Planning: how to prepare, react and recover from emergency situations.
- Energy Assistance: information on energy assistance programs, eligibility requirements and instructions on applying.
- Energy Efficiency & Conservation
- From Power Plant to You: description of electricity from generation to distribution.
- Outage Management & Reliability: the power restoration process.
- Public Benefit Programs: products and services overview.
- Renewable Energy
- Save Energy, Save Money: money saving tips and tricks.
- System Protection & Improvements
- Topic of Your Choice!
- Utility of the Future: vision and goals of CEC’s strategic plan.
Things to Remember:
- Presentations are free of charge.
- Program lengths can be customized to meet your needs.
- Forms to request a speaker are available by clicking here.
- For speakers and presentations, your organization must be located within CEC’s service territory.
- Please make your speaker request at least 30 days before your event date to ensure enough time to secure a speaker and plan the presentation.
- Requests scheduled Monday through Friday 8-5 p.m. are preferred.