Central Electric Cooperative (CEC) is proud to offer its Good Neighbor Scholarship program. Applicants must be able to communicate how they contribute non-paid time to help their community, school and/or church. This program awards scholarships to CEC members or their children. The funds that are used for these scholarships come from unclaimed capital credits CEC no longer must send to the state. The use of these unclaimed capital credits does not impact member rates in any way.
Applicants must be enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution, complete our application, complete application requirements, and submit a 500-word essay.
Employees and directors of CEC, along with members of their immediate families, are ineligible.
Click here for a printable version of our application. Click here to view the Good Neighbor Scholarship Brochure. Click here to submit the application online.
Applications and all application materials are due March 15.
Applicant must receive electric service from CEC and their account must be in good standing. This is a one-time award per individual.
Applicants must provide the following to qualify:
- Entirely completed, two-page application.
- 500-word, typed essay answering:
- What does being a good neighbor mean to you? Describe activities you do to contribute to your community.
- An appropriate, high resolution portrait (school or sport) style photo of yourself. Photos can be emailed to email@example.com or submitted through our online application.
- Letter of acceptance from a post-secondary institution.
- Letter of recommendation from a non-relative.
All application requirements can be submitted through our online application.
Please submit all hard copies to:
Central Electric Cooperative
Attn: Good Neighbor Scholarship
716 Route 368, P.O. Box 329
Parker, PA 16049
Applicants will be scored on:
- Following application directions.
- 500-word essay.
- Recommendation letter.
- Leadership activities.
The category with the most weight is volunteerism.
Congratulations to all recipients for their dedication to serve others over self. We wish them continued success in their educational endeavors.